WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My name is Barbara Frone and I welcome you to my blog. I pray that my walk with God will encourage your heart and that God will bless you for every step you take towards him. God has a plan for each and every one of us and if we will earnestly seek him every day, he will not only show us his plan for our lives, but he will live it through us. We serve an amazing God!































































Thursday, May 15, 2014

Introduction: ONE YEAR THROUGH THE BIBLE LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN THROUGH THE BIBLE BEFORE

     These daily posts will take you through the Bible like you probably have never been through the Bible before.  The idea for theses posts came as I was thinking about creating something for myself to keep me on track, not just for reading through the Bible but also for meditating and speaking the Word over my life.  Every day will have the following sections:  GOD LOVES YOU, SING TO THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD, THANK THE LORD, PRAY TO THE LORD, MEDIATE ON THE WORD, READ THE WORD, and STUDY THE WORD.  

     GOD LOVES YOU will have a Scripture verse reminding you how much God loves you.  I believe we need to be reminded of God's love daily.

     SING TO THE LORD will have a Scripture song for you to sing throughout the day.  If you do not know the song, Bible Baptist Church in Fairbanks, Alaska, has graciously put scripture songs onto their website.  Their website address is  www.biblebaptistfairbanks.com.

     PRAISE THE LORD will have a verse for you to use for praising the Lord throughout your day.

     THANK THE LORD will have a verse for you to use to thank the Lord.  

     PRAY TO THE LORD will have a verse for you to read, but this is the time for you to give your cares and requests to the Lord.  If you have the time, I would suggest you write down your prayer requests in black or blue ink and when the Lord answers your prayer, go back and write the date he answered in red ink.  This will be a great way for you to see the faithfulness of the Lord.

     MEDITATE ON THE WORD will list a verse for you to meditate on throughout the day.  I would also encourage you to write down what the Lord reveals to you about this verse.  There are many layers of truth in every word in the Bible and what the Lord reveals to you about them depends on where you are in your walk with him, what questions you have asked him, and what he wants to teach you at the moment.

     READ THE WORD will list verses for you to read for that day.  I want to encourage you to just read these verses.  Reading is different from meditating or studying, but still very important.

     STUDY THE WORD will give you verses to study.  Here I want you to read one verse at a time and picture it in your mind.  Think about each word in the verse.  Look up words you do not understand.  I use only the King James Version for my studies, but I use the Amplified and the NIV to clarify verses for me.  I also use a Strong's Concordance to look up words in Hebrew or Greek.  The Lord will also speak to your spirit during this time, so be sensitive to that. 

     I pray this way of going through the Bible will be a blessing to you.  
blog comments powered by Disqus