WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My name is Barbara Frone and I welcome you to my blog. I pray that my walk with God will encourage your heart and that God will bless you for every step you take towards him. God has a plan for each and every one of us and if we will earnestly seek him every day, he will not only show us his plan for our lives, but he will live it through us. We serve an amazing God!































































Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jesus Loves Me

A CONVERSATION I HAD WITH MY HEAVENLY FATHER

Father, You have taught me in the past few years just how much you love me. I have always heard  "Jesus loves me, this I know," but Father, I don't think I really knew just how much you do love me until this year. The closer I've drawn to you, the more I have realized just how much you gave of yourself so that I could live forever with you. I feel so unworthy of your love, but yet I know I am worthy because of your Son. I am nothing without Jesus, but I am everything in him. I don't know if I will ever comprehend all this. You call this love a great mystery. I can see why.

Father, another thing I used to do all the time is go to church, listen to the sermon, and then come home and try to change myself. I used to feel like such a miserable wretch after coming home from church and hearing yet another sermon that told me I needed to change. My husband used to ask me, "Why do you continue going to church when all you do is beat yourself up?" I never had an answer until now. Father, because of what you have taught me, I no longer feel like a miserable wretch. I no longer feel guilty and insecure. I now know who I am in you, that I am worthy because of your Son, and not because of anything I have done or will ever do. You do love me just the way I am and all you ask is that I rest in you, so you can live through me.

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Father, thank you so very much for teaching me this. I've read those verses in Matthew 11 many times, but never really understood them until now. Your yoke is easy and your burden is light. I know now that if my yoke is hard and my burden is heavy, then it's not your yoke or burden, it's mine.

Father, I feel more confident now than I ever have in my entire life. Not confident in myself, but confident of who I am in you. Confident that because I am resting in you, I am exactly where you want me to be. Confident that because I have surrendered my life to you, you are accomplishing your will for my life through me. Father, I not only feel confident but I also am at peace with myself and everything around me, because I trust you with all my heart, I don't lean unto my own understanding, I acknowledge you in all my ways, and you are directing my paths.
blog comments powered by Disqus