WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My name is Barbara Frone and I welcome you to my blog. I pray that my walk with God will encourage your heart and that God will bless you for every step you take towards him. God has a plan for each and every one of us and if we will earnestly seek him every day, he will not only show us his plan for our lives, but he will live it through us. We serve an amazing God!































































Wednesday, September 22, 2010

HIDE GOD'S WORD IN YOUR HEART, SO IT WILL BE THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT

Me:  Father, last night I turned on the TV so I could watch my preaching shows, I have several now and I love them all.  You have some amazing godly preachers out there and I am so glad I can watch them in the evenings instead of what I used to watch.  Also, the messages seem to always be just what I needed for that day.  Like last night, Dr. Creflo Dollar preached on the world's system and God's kingdom and how we need to stop believing all the world is telling us like marriage is longer a good idea, etc, and we need to read God's Word and live by what he tells us.  He was preaching his heart out about Christians not reading the Bible.  He said things like, you come up to the altar and ask for prayer, but you won't read God's Word.  You come to me for counseling and want help, but you won't read God's Word for yourself.  I guess preachers get frustrated at times with people coming to them for help and prayer, but they don't take the preacher's advice. 

Thank you so much, Father, for teaching me how very important it is to read your Word everyday.  We need to read it for our own good.  We need to read it because it will change us into your likeness.  We need to read it because we need to have your Word hidden in our hearts, so when we need it, it will be there for us.  When we are hurting or in trouble or whatever, your words hidden in our hearts will come up to our minds at just the right time.  Your words are truth.  Your words are more powerful than a twoedged sword and worth more than all the fine gold in the whole world.  Your words are alive because Jesus Christ, your Son, is the Word.  Your words lead us, guide us, comfort us, teach us, and reprove us.  No wonder you want us to hide them in our hearts and to never depart from them.

Actually, Father, when I first turned on my TV, there were two men talking on KJNP, our Christian station in North Pole, and they were talking about your feasts in the Old Testament.  This intrigued me, so I listened for a few minutes.  I have always wondered about your feasts and if we should be observing them.  I was just thinking yesterday that the Old Testament is so much larger than the New Testament and you wanted us to have both for a reason.  But when one of the men said something about us still needing to observe the Passover because it reminds us how God delivered his people out of Egypt, and something about another feast being for us drawing closer to God so we are not separated.  As soon as he said this, because I know your words, I knew this was wrong.  The moment I accept Jesus Christ, your Son, as my Saviour, that very moment your Holy Spirit comes into my spirit, and we are no longer separated.  You are living inside of me and you said you would never leave me.  I don't know about the other feasts, but I know that Christians don't need to celebrate the Passover feast because we are already covered by the blood.  When the angel of death comes over our land, we will be passed over.  Amen!

Me:  Father, help me with balance in my life.  I had this problem soon after I got saved 21 years ago, and now I have it again.  I am spending a lot of time with you, talking to you, reading your Word, listening to preaching shows, taking notes, going to church, but I also have a job, a husband that needs me, a household that needs my attention, and all I want to do is spend time with you.  Help me, Father, to keep my priorities in order.  Help me to give the right amount of my time to everything in my life.  I have been so blessed by you, Father.  Wherever I look, I see your blessings.
blog comments powered by Disqus