WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My name is Barbara Frone and I welcome you to my blog. I pray that my walk with God will encourage your heart and that God will bless you for every step you take towards him. God has a plan for each and every one of us and if we will earnestly seek him every day, he will not only show us his plan for our lives, but he will live it through us. We serve an amazing God!































































Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WHEN GOD'S SPIRIT FILLS YOUR SPIRIT, YOUR FLESH WILL BACK OFF

Me:  Father, I've only gotten up this early a few days now and I'm already feeling and seeing the benefits.  I know I still need to get up just a little earlier, but I will keep it at 4:30 a.m. for awhile.  This way my body and schedule can get used to the time change.  You just make me sweeter, Father.  That's probably the wrong way to word it, because it's your sweetness coming out of me.  When my spirit is filled with your Spirit, my flesh seems to back off easier and let you take over.  Like last night, Father, something happened that upset me.  My flesh was not happy and I just wanted to throw something.  I had already decided to take Angel for a walk, so I left and did just that.  On my walk, I told you why I was angry and exactly what I felt like doing.  I only walked for about 15 minutes and I already felt my flesh calm down.  By the time I got home, my flesh wasn't upset anymore and not only did I know what I had to do when I got home, I was okay with it.  I knew when I walked in the door, my husband was expecting an upset wife, but to his surprise, he saw me calm and not upset at all.  I could just feel his guard letting down and our evening wasn't ruined after all.  Thank you for this, Father, because without you, it would have just went from bad to worse, but with you it went from bad to all is well again. 

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."  Revelation 20:12-15. 

I am so glad, Father, that as your child you will only judge the works that you did through me and those are the only works I will be rewarded for.  All the works that I did in my own flesh will be burned up as wood, hay, and stubble.  Help me put my flesh aside, Father, so you can do all the works you want to do through me, without me getting in the way. 

Me:   Father, it's already September 15 and the weather is still gorgeous.  I think it's about 70 degrees out there.  Thank you for this beautiful Indian summer.  Thank you, Father, for sending your Son, Jesus Christ, to come down to this earth to offer himself as the spotless sacrifice that was needed to save our souls from hell.  All we have to do is believe this and your Holy Spirit moves inside our spirit, and there you stay with us until we go to heaven.  Your Word says you will never leave us.  You provide all of our needs.  You love us, comfort us, guide us, teach us, and discipline us as any father would discipline his children.  No other so claimed god in this world can say that.

"O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!  who has set thy glory above the heavens."  Psalm 8:1
blog comments powered by Disqus