WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My name is Barbara Frone and I welcome you to my blog. I pray that my walk with God will encourage your heart and that God will bless you for every step you take towards him. God has a plan for each and every one of us and if we will earnestly seek him every day, he will not only show us his plan for our lives, but he will live it through us. We serve an amazing God!































































Saturday, December 31, 2011

WHY MEDITATE ON GOD'S WORD?

          About eight years ago, I joined Toastmasters and was a member for about two years.  Toastmasters is sort of a speech club.  You learn how to speak in front of an audience by giving speeches of all sorts.  This morning I was remembering how happy I was all day long thinking about new speech titles or working on a particular speech.  I wrote and gave 16 speeches while I was in Toastmasters.  So for two years, I was always thinking (meditating) on something to do with my speech.  As I was pondering this, this thought came to me (I am sure from God), "Our minds need something to meditate on."  Right away I thought to myself, "Wow, that must be true."  While we are meditatiing on something, our minds are focused.  While we are meditating on something, our minds don't wander.  While we are meditating on something, bad thoughts can't come in because they would only get in our way and when our minds are focused, it's harder to break into that.  No wonder God says over and over again in his Word that we should meditate on his Word day and night.  I now understand why.  Thank you, Jesus, for this revelation! 
blog comments powered by Disqus