WELCOME TO MY BLOG

My name is Barbara Frone and I welcome you to my blog. I pray that my walk with God will encourage your heart and that God will bless you for every step you take towards him. God has a plan for each and every one of us and if we will earnestly seek him every day, he will not only show us his plan for our lives, but he will live it through us. We serve an amazing God!































































Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How to live a stress free life

Me:  Yesterday was not a good day, Father.  Everything seemed to go wrong.  I let so many things stress me out.  When I came home from work, I was supposed to cook dinner and then go to church, but Paul took me out for dinner to Geraldos which is what he always does when he sees me stressed out.  Brandon came with us, but when we sat down at the table, Brandon said something to me that keeps coming to my mind this morning.  Brandon said to me, "So the devil won."  Father, how I can stop letting things stress me out?  How can I stop letting the devil win?

God:  Don't feel bad about what happened to you yesterday.  I let it happen for a reason.  I let it happen knowing that you wouldn't pass the test.  I will give you the answers now, so the next time something stresses you out, you will know exactly what to do.

1)  As soon as something stresses you out, come talk to me about it right away.  "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."  1 Peter 5:6-7

2)  Give me praise, because as you are praising me, you will hear yourself tell me how good and great I am.  This will remind you how good and great I am and that there's nothing too hard for me.

3)  Thank me for what is happening in your life right now.  "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  1 Thessalonians 5:18

4)  And the reason you thank me is because everything that happens in your life is there for a reason.  I don't do things to you.  I do things for you.  "For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him."  Job 23:14

Also, remember that I have promised to work all things out for good.  "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28

And if I cannot work it out for good, I will not let it into your life.  "Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain."  Psalms 76:10

5)  And the last thing you should do is rejoice.  Read my words and rejoice.  Talk to me and rejoice.  Sing hymns and scripture songs and rejoice.  "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice."  Philippians 4:4

After you do these things, you will not be stressed anymore.

Me:  Wow, thank you, Father.  I know all these verses, but I've never put them together this way.  The next time something stresses me out, I will cast my care on you, praise you, thank you, and then rejoice. 

Me:  When I saw this picture of Jordan, my first grandchild, it reminded me of how stress free the life of a child can be.  Oh, Father, please help me live such a stress free life, knowing that you have it all under control.  


blog comments powered by Disqus